Monday, May 19, 2008

So, yeah...

I pretty much suck at updating any blog I've ever had, I'd much rather read and look at other people's lovely blogs: and here is where I would link to SonnetStitches and KnitJoKnit if I could remember how to do that. Sheesh, looks like Joanna's got more work cut out for her than just teaching me how to knit a sock:) ps. I figured it out...

Anyway, so I know I said I would take pictures of stuff as it comes in and I have not done so...because I'm lazy I guess. I've gotten in two OP beach bags that I think will be perfect back up knitting bags. And I also got a sweet "primary" knitting bag from ebay that a lady sews up herself from cotton quilts. I also got a pencil case which shall hold my notions and a water bottle holder that shall hold, well, my water bottle. The knitting bag came with a needle case as well, which is cool, but a wee bit bulky so it may be my stay-at-home-hold-my-not-in-use-needles case.

And get this...my roommate actually gave me the "you can't by any more sock yarn until you knit a pair of socks" lecture....already! I haven't even freakin started sock yarn gathering and she launched into it...can you freakin' believe it? Anyway, I waited until she went to bed then ordered $70 worth of high-quality sock yarn from Simply Socks Yarn Company so that I felt like I actually diserved that lecture:) Really, I still can't believe it. I even pulled up the photo of KnitJoKnit's plastic container of sock yarn as a visual aide. I only had enough yarn for three pairs of socks when she started lecturing! Ok...I'm done...really.

I bought a book on simple socks from Hastings tonight so I can get started soon. And besides, technically I did knit a freaking sock...even though it was my test baby sock.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

I feel slightly responsible for your journey into the dark side. . .

Glad we got to hang out. Hope we get more knitting time next time. xoxo.